WP Google Maps
The easiest to use Google maps plugin! Add a customized Google map to your WordPress posts and/or pages quickly and easily with the supplied shortcode. No fuss. No iFrames and super easy to use! Perfect for contact page maps, routes, maps showing delivery areas and any other use you can think of!
While the free version of WP Google Maps allows you to create a Google map with as many markers as you like, the Pro version allows you to do so much more!
Lite Version (Free)
- Super easy to use, no coding required!
- Create as many map markers as you need by simply typing in the address
- Responsive maps
- Edit your map markers with the click of a button
- Drag map markers to an exact location
- Google Maps Streetview supported
- UTF-8 character support
- Map can be included as a widget
- Support for localization
- Choose from four Google maps types: roadmap, terrain, satellite and hybrid
- Define your own width, height and zoom level for your Google Map
- Add animations to your map markers!
- Store locator functionality
- Add Polygons to your Map
- Add Polylines / Routes to your map
- Create a map in less than a 30 seconds!
- Right click to add a marker to your Google map
- No advertising or links
- Google Maps Weather Layer
- Google Maps Cloud Layer
- Google Maps Transport Layer
- Google Maps Weather Layer
- Latest Google Maps API (V3.14, V3.15 & V3.exp)
- Create multiple Google maps!
- Add descriptions, links and images to your map markers.
- Add categories to your map markers
- Filter markers by category
- Mashup multiple Google maps
- Add different marker icons, or your own icons to make your map really stand out!
- Allow your visitors to get directions to your markers.
- Export/Import your markers to a CSV file for quick editing.
- Link Fusion tables to your Google Maps
- Show your visitor’s location on the Map
- Import KML/KMZ files to your Google Map
- More advanced options for the Store Locator
- WordPress Network friendly
First time WP Google Maps user
Thank you for choosing WP Google Maps! In order to create your Google map, simply activate the plugin and click on “Maps” in your left navigation menu. Once the WP Google Maps page loads, set the options for your map (height, width, map type, zoom level etc) and then use your mouse to drag your Google map to your desired location and press the “Save map” button. Copy and paste the shortcode into your post or page and WP Google Maps will automatically create the map on your page using the settings you chose above.
Adding your first map marker
To add a marker to your Google map, scroll to below the map in your admin section and enter the address or GPS location in the Address input field. Click “Add Marker” and WP Google Maps will add your marker to the address you specified.
Setting up a Google Maps Store Locator
In order to make use of WP Google Maps Store Locator functionality, simply click on the “Store Locator” tab in the map creation page and select “Yes”