WP Retina 2x
This plugin creates the image files required by the Retina (high-DPI) devices and displays them to your visitors accordingly. Your website will look beautiful and sharp on every device. The retina images will be generated for you automatically (you can also do it manually), served, and you will be able to control everything from the Retina Dashboard.
It supports 4 different methods to serve the images to your visitors:
- PictureFill: The Picturefill method rewrites the HTML on-the-fly in order to use the new SRCSET. Since it is not supported by the browsers yet, the JS polyfill Picturefill is used to load the images. It is now the recommended method.
- Retina.js: The Retina JS method is a 100% JS solution. The HTML loads the normal images, then if a retina device is detected, the retina images will be loaded. It is fail-safe but not efficient (images are loaded twice).
- IMG Rewrite: The IMG Rewrite method rewrites IMG’s SRC tags on-the-fly with the retina images directly if the device supports them. This method does not work with most caching solutions.
- Retina-Images: The Retina-Images method uses a server handler: the images will be loaded through the Retina-Images PHP handler. Your .htaccess will be modified automatically.
Quick and easy installation:
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Check the settings of WP Retina 2x in the WordPress administration screen.
- Check the Retina Dashboard.